Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wednesday, August 20, 2008


I just got off the phone with my Mom and Dad. I cried. They are so old. My Mom has her health but not her memory. My Dad has his memory but his body is failing fast. He is so weak. My Mom cannot even remember my birthdate. I guess I have child like thinking that my parents would always be the same, always there, ... Old age is cruel in the since that you can be trapped in an old vessel that is withering and decaying more and more each day. Like a flower or the grass. But I will remember their strengths in character, strength in labor and a job well done. They are stil my parents and I love them.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It is very sad to "see" them this way. I love them too, very much!!

kellyn2girls1boy said...

I love them too!